Deadline: 29 May 2022
The Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence (LCFI) and the Centre for the Study of Existential Risk (CSER) are highly interdisciplinary research centres working on many of the most pressing issues of our modern world. Research at LCFI is focused on the challenges and opportunities posed by the future development of artificial intelligence (AI), in both the short and long term, whilst CSER's research focuses on the identification, management and mitigation of possible extreme and existential risks associated with human activity. This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly team of research and support staff at LCFI and CSER. Reporting to the Centre Administrator, the role holder will manage the day to day running of all aspects of the accounting and financial procedures for the two centres which together operate as a Department within the School of Arts and Humanities.
This role requires the ability to work effectively within a team and build positive working relationships with a wide range of colleagues. You will be highly numerate, analytical and proficient in standard software packages, particularly Excel. You will be well-organised and able to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines. The role requires a good understanding of finance and strong problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also essential, including the ability to explain financial regulations and procedures effectively to non finance staff. You will need to have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively as a member of a team and to build positive working relationships with a wide variety of colleagues Previous experience of working in an accounts environment within a University would be an advantage.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Acting as the key contact for the Centre with University Central Finance to ensure a full and up to date understanding of the Centre's financial position.
- Providing tailored financial advice to the Head of Institution, LCFI and CSER Directors, Centre Administrator and CSER Centre Coordinator and budget holders as required.
- Ensuring accuracy of financial information on University financial system (CUFS), identifying and resolving any problems.
- Working with the Shared Financial Services team to ensure that accounts payable and receivable transactions are accurate and timely.
- Carry out accounts administration relating to the general ledger and research grants.
- Carry out financial management and reporting activities as required.
How to Apply
If you have any queries about this vacancy, please contact Rachel Burgess at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions on the application process or procedure, please contact the Schools HR team at email@example.com.
The closing date is midnight (GMT) on Sunday 29 May 2022 and interviews are planned for the week commencing 6 June, subject to confirmation.
The funds for this post are available for 2 years in the first instance. The role is part-time working at 0.8 FTE. The Centre actively promotes equality, diversity and family-friendliness, and is sympathetic to flexible working.