DEADLINE: 27 September 2020
Applications are invited for a new PA and Administrative Assistant role, at the Centre for the Study of Existential Risk (CSER). An exciting opportunity has arisen within the 'Core Team', supporting the work of CSER. Reporting to the Centre Co-ordinator, the role will largely focus on assisting with the coordination of a growing portfolio of event and outreach activities, and an increasing visitors' programme, as well as providing personal assistant support to some senior academic staff. This is a diverse and dynamic role and the role holder may be asked to undertake other duties as appropriate.
The post holder is expected to take a proactive and flexible approach to their work and will have relevant administrative experience and excellent organisational skills. The post is full time but a part time job share can be considered.
Applicants must have/be:
- Educated to at least A Level standard or equivalent standard / NVQ level 3, or equivalent level of practical experience
- Competent in standard software packages e.g. Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise own workload
- Demonstrable knowledge of facts, principles, processes and general concepts related to administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience of event organisation
Funding for this post is available for two years in the first instance.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please click on the 'Apply online' button on this webpage (or at the buttom below). This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System. Our hiring panel can only consider applications made through this system.
The full job description can be found here.
If you have any questions about this vacancy you can contact Molly Carrick, Human Resources Coordinator at SAHHR@admin.cam.ac.uk.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 27 September 2020 at midnight GMT. Interviews are scheduled for the week commencing 12 October 2020, subject to confirmation.