CSER researchers engaged with policy-makers and industry-leaders at several invite-only events:
- Modern deterrence: what does the combination of nuclear, BCW, cyber and AI mean for the evolution of western deterrence against state and non-state actors? Overview. Organised by Ditchley Park, which was founded in 1958 to bring together high-level decision-makers and experts.
- Powerful actor, high impact bio-threats. Overview. Organised by Wilton Park, it brought together 42 senior policy leaders and scientific and technical experts in science, engineering, bio-defence and bio-security, science policy, public health, infectious diseases, and catastrophic risks.
- 2nd All Partners Meeting of the Partnership on AI. Overview. Representatives from the 80+ member organizations of the Partnership on AI– for-profit companies, civil society organizations, academic institutions, and advocacy groups – reflected on 2018 progress, and planned for the future.
- United Nations negotiations on Lethal Autonomous Weapons Systems (LAWS) at the 2018 Meeting of the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW). Final report.
- 2018 Meeting of the United Nations Biological Weapons Convention. Final report.
- Several private events in China