On 14 May 2020, Global Young Academy (GYA) members organized a webinar entitled "COVID-19 in Latin America, perspectives of young scientists." This event brought together six Latin American scientists, all members of the GYA, to discuss their perspectives on this crisis with the general public.
The webinar consisted of two parts: the first part dealt with "Regional context, research and diagnosis of COVID-19", and the second part about "Innovations, environment and scientific advice in the context of COVID-19". The event was moderated by Felix Moronta (International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB, Italy) and featured presentations by:
- Daniel Limonta (University of Alberta, Cuba; min00:04:00)
- Sandra López (Gorgas Memorial Institute for Health Studies, Panama; minimum 00:13:33)
- Fernando Valiente (University of Chile; min 00:28:00)
- Clarissa Rios (Ekpa'palek, University of Cambridge, Peru; min 01:03:24)
- Alex Godoy (Universidad del Desarrollo, Chile; minimum 01:19:28)
- Alma Hernández (Secretary of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation of Mexico City; 01:32:02)